Sunday 15 November 2015, 5.30pm, St Mary's Church, Aylesbury
Brahms Tragic Overture
Brahms Double Concerto in A minor
Brahms Symphony No.2 in D
Fran Barritt violin
Morwenna Del Mar cello
To open our 2015/16 season we welcome back two past soloists, violinist Francesca Barritt and cellist Morwenna Del Mar, to perform Brahms's Double Concerto. Many of you will remember their wonderful performance of the Beethoven Triple Concerto (as two thirds of the Del Mar Trio) in 2011, and Francesca's stunning rendition of the Bruch G minor concerto in 2014. The rest of our programme also celebrates the genius of Brahms, with his dark, brooding Tragic Overture, and the glorious Second Symphony.
Follow us on Twitter...
- You all thought you just hit it, right?.... http://t.co/mTzJ273JTs
- RT @ConductorBen: Working on this, in prep for perfs with @franbarritt & @morwennadelmar with @Stamford_orch, @aylesburyorch & @fsorch! htt…
- @mikelaupton Our next family concert isn't until June, but children are very welcome at all our events. http://t.co/5w7MiW2nvV
- RT @Orch_of_StPauls: Thrilled to announce we'll be performing Casablanca live @southbankcentre on Mon 14 Dec. http://t.co/mNZdPaJVyi http:/…
- RT @ConductorBen: @soalmila @aylesburyorch We're doing the Double Concerto in the same programme, so I'm sure it'll happen again...
- RT @soalmila: @ConductorBen @aylesburyorch That's a good one!
The Aylesbury Symphony Orchestra is affiliated to and supported by Making Music and the Aylesbury Vale District Arts Council. It also acknowledges financial assistance from William Harding’s Charity and The Charles Pope Memorial Trust
We have a large library of orchestral music that is available to hire. Click here to enquire