Sunday 7 February 2016, 4.00pm, St Mary's Church, Aylesbury
Arnold Tam O'Shanter
Niels Gade In the Highlands: Scottish Overture
McCunn In the Land of the Mountain and the Flood
Arnold Four Scottish Dances
Bruch Scottish Fantasy
We present a programme inspired by the Scottish landscape and folklore. The concert begins with Malcolm Arnold's overture Tam O'Shanter, based on the famous poem by Robert Burns, which tells the legend of the hard drinker who ignores his wife's warnings that he will one day be "catch'd wi' warlocks" for his misdeeds.
Follow us on Twitter...
- RT @JamesLeeTRULY: Have loved hearing the story today about the @givetruly customer who conducted @aylesburyorch for his 80th b'day! 😊🎉 htt…
- Had a great night under the baton of our guest conductor, Mr Ken Varley. Happy 80th to you Sir! https://t.co/mliUCDvYzB
- Looking forward to playing Dvorak, Elgar and Barry tonight with a very special guest conductor. All will be revealed!
- RT @george_conducts: Down south for another @aylesburyorch rehearsal. Exploring two pieces inspired by Scotland- Scottish Fantasy and Gade'…
- Come down to St Mary's Church for a 5.30pm start. Tickets on the door £12/£10/£2.50 #Aylesbury https://t.co/dPd5SGsHSt
- Rehearsing Brahms Double with @morwennadelmar and @franbarritt before tonight's performance https://t.co/zwbShL2FH0
The Aylesbury Symphony Orchestra is affiliated to and supported by Making Music and the Aylesbury Vale District Arts Council. It also acknowledges financial assistance from William Harding’s Charity and The Charles Pope Memorial Trust
We have a large library of orchestral music that is available to hire. Click here to enquire