Sunday 15th November 2015 St Mary's Church, Aylesbury
Brahms Tragic Overture
Brahms Double Concerto in A minor
Brahms Symphony No.2 in D
Fran Barritt violin
Morwenna Del Mar cello
To open our 2015/16 season we welcome back two past soloists, violinist Francesca Barritt and cellist Morwenna Del Mar, to perform Brahms's Double Concerto. Many of you will remember their wonderful performance of the Beethoven Triple Concerto (as two thirds of the Del Mar Trio) in 2011, and Francesca's stunning rendition of the Bruch G minor concerto in 2014. The rest of our programme also celebrates the genius of Brahms, with his dark, brooding Tragic Overture, and the glorious Second Symphony.
Follow us on Twitter...
- RT @bachtrack: It's the @londonsymphony prom tonight... *how* many Prokofiev concertos?! https://t.co/gvbEUTxLIG @bbcproms http://t.co/b2lu…
- Looking forward to it already! https://t.co/nByiJ1T3et
- Have a great summer everyone! We're back later this year playing Brahms x 3 Nov 15 St Mary's #Aylesbury
- We hope you enjoyed our film concert yesterday (we certainly did)! Here's a great shot from harpist Sarah. http://t.co/FdEhcJzEBv
- RT @FalconTaxis: @aylesburyorch We hope everyone had a great time! #filmmusic
- RT @ConductorBen: What an awesome way to finish the @aylesburyorch season, with a totally sold-out audience, of which about a third was chi…
The Aylesbury Symphony Orchestra is affiliated to and supported by Making Music and the Aylesbury Vale District Arts Council. It also acknowledges financial assistance from William Harding’s Charity and The Charles Pope Memorial Trust
We have a large library of orchestral music that is available to hire. Click here to enquire