Sunday 8 May 2016, 4.00pm, St Mary's Church, Aylesbury
Bach/Busoni Chaconne in D Minor
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor
Wagner Parsifal: Transformation Music
Mendelssohn Symphony No. 5 "Reformation"
Daniel King Smith piano
Our spring concert has a distinctly German theme, with music by Bach, Beethoven, Wagner and Mendelssohn. Opening with Bach's famous Chaconne, expanded from a solo violin piece into a work for full orchestra, the concert concludes with music from Wagner's last opera, Parsifal, and Mendelssohn's Reformation Symphony, both of which feature the famous 'Dresden Amen'. Daniel King Smith is the outstanding soloist for Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 3.
Follow us on Twitter...
- RT @fhvln: YES!!! https://t.co/6bwVepaPW5
- RT @fhvln: Me too @aylesburyorch @ConductorBen - can't wait! Thanks for having me back so soon! :)
- Delighted you'll come back to play Korngold for us in November, @fhvln! @ConductorBen
- RT @fhvln: :) love amazon's idea of a 'miniature study score' @ConductorBen... Hate to think what the full size one's like 😂 https://t.co/P…
- RT @Gogmum: @fhvln @aylesburyorch @ConductorBen fantastic today #Burns would be #proud #orchestra #music #violin #scotland
- RT @fhvln: #Aylesbury looking stunning! Looking forward to #Scottish Fantasy here w/ @aylesburyorch @ConductorBen this avo! https://t.co/tB…
The Aylesbury Symphony Orchestra is affiliated to and supported by Making Music and the Aylesbury Vale District Arts Council. It also acknowledges financial assistance from William Harding’s Charity and The Charles Pope Memorial Trust
We have a large library of orchestral music that is available to hire. Click here to enquire