Sunday 8 May 2016, 4.00pm, St Mary's Church, Aylesbury
Bach/Busoni Chaconne in D Minor
Beethoven Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor
Wagner Parsifal: Transformation Music
Mendelssohn Symphony No. 5 "Reformation"
Daniel King Smith piano
Our spring concert has a distinctly German theme, with music by Bach, Beethoven, Wagner and Mendelssohn. Opening with Bach's famous Chaconne, expanded from a solo violin piece into a work for full orchestra, the concert concludes with music from Wagner's last opera, Parsifal, and Mendelssohn's Reformation Symphony, both of which feature the famous 'Dresden Amen'. Daniel King Smith is the outstanding soloist for Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 3.
Follow us on Twitter...
- RT @Gogmum: @fhvln @aylesburyorch @ConductorBen fantastic today #Burns would be #proud #orchestra #music #violin #scotland
- RT @fhvln: #Aylesbury looking stunning! Looking forward to #Scottish Fantasy here w/ @aylesburyorch @ConductorBen this avo! https://t.co/tB…
- RT @ConductorBen: A joy to work with the astonishing @fhvln on Bruch's bonkers but lovely Scottish Fantasy. @aylesburyorch audience in for …
- RT @fhvln: Wonderful @aylesburyorch & @ConductorBen https://t.co/XYNhZiaDqM
- Come down to @StMaryAylesbury tomorrow at 4 for some live Scottish classical music https://t.co/zFTIVWem3G
- RT @ConductorBen: @fhvln @aylesburyorch Excellent work, can't wait! x
The Aylesbury Symphony Orchestra is affiliated to and supported by Making Music and the Aylesbury Vale District Arts Council. It also acknowledges financial assistance from William Harding’s Charity and The Charles Pope Memorial Trust
We have a large library of orchestral music that is available to hire. Click here to enquire